I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
It took about 3 hours to fully clean our entire house, but once we were done my parents, sister and her fiance arrived for a night of delicious food and some fun games. My son is really into the Wii right now and so we played a few different games. We tried our hands at Wii sports and did some bowling and tennis and then my son discovered the Bass Pro fishing game and all bets were off. It took close to an hour for the men in the house to figure out how to actually play this game. So while they were figuring that out, I started on our fantastic dinner.
This month we are really on a budget so I needed an easy meal that would basically cook itself, but still be delicious and affordable to feed 8 people with some leftovers for lunch! I was elated to find this recipe on the SPLENDA® SWEET SWAPS website while looking for a more balanced, budget friendly option. The recipe was simple and SO easy to carry out and the food was nothing short of divine.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 1 TBS orange juice concentrate
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 TBS SPLENDA® (granulated)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 package of frozen veggies
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse the pork loin off and then pat dry and place in a 13x9-inch pan and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, place the water, tomato paste, orange juice concentrate, chili powder, salt, SPLENDA®, and white vinegar. Use a wisk to mix evenly.
- Pour 1/4 of your glaze mixture you made above on the pork loin. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork loin from the oven, pour the rest of the mixture over the pork loin and add some mixed veggies on each side. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- For every pound of pork loin you have, double the ingredients and cook time.
|Finger licking good!|
We had a fantastic time celebrating my moms birthday and even had some special guests! Although everyone enjoyed hanging out playing some Wii games, honestly the best part of the day was the meal. The pork loin turned out to be very good. It had a bit of a sweet tangy taste with a bite of chili. We paired it with some pasta salad and really enjoyed the meal. Everyone ate every bite on their plate. When asked what the glaze was made of I said "SPLENDA®". They were astonished.
SPLENDA® Brand is aiming to get people active and motivate smart choices. One of those smart choices is to reduce added sugar by swapping your regular sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. As a diabetic, that is great! I need to find good alternatives and SPLENDA® Brand is impressive. If you are looking to make some smart choices too, head on over to the SWEET SWAPS website and look for more tips, tricks and delicious recipes!