Breakfast for dinner is pretty much the best invention ever. So when I saw the bacon and egg pastry ring that everyone is pinning on Pinterest, I thought, yeah I could do one better! So I did and it was the most delectable dinner we had all week.
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 1 lb of breakfast sausage
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup canned mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (we used colby jack)
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a skillet, brown the sausage and in another pan scramble the eggs
- Lay out the crescent rolls in a star shape on a large pan or pizza stone as you see above.
- Chop the spinach and layer it on the crescent rolls.
- Next layer the eggs, mushrooms, sausage, cheese and avocados
- Bring each of the crescent roll ends towards the center to seal.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with salsa if you want a little spice.
For the first time in a long time my kids and husband at the entire dinner. There was nothing left and I am definitely making this again soon.
What is your favorite breakfast for dinner go to meal?