I said I would not do it. I was so creeped out by it. You know the idea of a sneaky little Elf hiding and being mischievous around my home. Lying to my kids and playing up this whole idea of coercing them into behaving. I said I was not about that life. Then my sweet kids saw those darn Elf's and that was it. They asked for Elf's, I was suckered in and so now I must commit to this. It may be a complete flop but to keep myself on track I came up with 24 Days of Elf on the Shelf ideas that are simple, creative and fun.
Let's just keep this short and get right too it!
- "Donut Worry, Santa Sent Me"-Our Elf's will bring donuts for breakfast with a welcome letter.
- Slumber party-Elf's will party it up with some other household toys
- Cowboy-Elf's will be riding our daughters toy horse
- Frozen Tea Party- Elf's dining with Olaf, Elsa & Anna
- Felt Christmas Tree Lights-Elf's will add lights to our felt play Christmas tree
- Nutcracker Attack- Elf's will be held hostage by our nutcrackers
- Gingerbread House Attack-Elf's will toilet paper the kids gingerbread house
- Snowball fight- Elf's will have a snowball fight with other toys in the house
- Dog Food dilemma- Elf's will eat dog food with a funny note
- Movie Night- Elf's will watch a movie on the iPad
- Picasso- Elf's will paint and sip
- Brush Your Teeth- Elf's will deliver new toothbrushes
- Mountain Climbing- Elf's will scale the Christmas Tree
- Homework-Elf's will do mini copies of my sons homework
- Elf Cruise- Elf's will be buckled up and ready for a cruise in the car
- Book a night introduction- Elf's will bring a stack of books wrapped to read each evening
- Book bag campout-Elf's will campout in sons backpack
- Laundry Room Fun- Elf's will do some doll laundry
- Transformers Visit- Elf's will have a massive party with the transformers
- Countdown- Elf's will create a Christmas countdown paper chain
- Dr. Elf- Elf's will get a check up from Doc McStuffins
- Elf Treats- The Elf's will snack on some candies and bring the kids something tasty
- Sledding- Elf's will sled
- The Night Before Christmas & Hot Cocoa-Elf's will leave the book and Hot Cocoa with a goodbye letter.
There you go, there are my ideas. I am going to post a weekly recap of what we did with pictures and link back to this post. I am not sure that I will successfully pull this off, but I think most of these are pretty easy to do in just a couple minutes an evening.
So is your family welcoming an Elf?