This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias
The major start to the holiday season is just under a week away. I know that we will be attending and even hosting some wonderful holiday celebrations and I thought it would be nice to have some adult goodie bags for the party that we are hosting. In the spirit of giving I came up with this fantastic budget friendly Welcome Basket.
The holidays are a time for giving. When people come into my house I want them to feel welcomed and appreciated. I wanted to do something special that was budget friendly, had items that were useful and also personal. I ran to our local Walmart and did some wandering around and then it hit me...a festive kitchen utensils basket! I grabbed some hand towels, colorful utensils, a mixing bowl and just as I was walking up to pay, I strolled down the candle isle. The American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand completely caught my eye...and my nose! I love Yankee Candle® but the closest store to my house is about 45 minutes driving. I was elated to see the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand collection in my local Walmart and so I snagged a few fragrances for my welcome baskets.
I decided to go with the 19" double wick candle in the Warm & Happy Home fragrance. I loved the cinnamon touch to this candle and I just know that my guests would too. I also grabbed a couple votive candles in Sunny Sand for a particular friend who would spend every second at the beach if she could. My last choice was Fresh Apple fragrance beads. These fragrances are so perfect for holidays. I know that I love to have my house smell divine during the holidays and passing that on as a gift with quality candle products seemed so perfect for my welcome basket gift idea.
Once I had all the items for my gift basket, I went to work, but I wanted to make something to personalize the basket even more. I grabbed my Silhouette and went to work designing a holiday card that I personally feel turned out so pretty. I used the lace tri-fold card template and the welcome templates you see below, and color coded them for cutting purposes. I then cut them out and put them together. (You can get a quick tutorial of how to do all that here.)
Once I had each piece cut out, I then used glue runners to assemble the card. On the inside of each card I wrote a special message to thank my friends who are coming to our party.
After the card was created, I went to work putting together the basket using the following supplies:
- Mixing Bowl ($1.50)
- Paper Shred ($0.99/bag)
- 2 festive hand towels ($1.00 each)
- Handmade card (Free if you have paper and supplies!)
- American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand items (19" candle-$15.00, Votives- $1.50 each, fragrance beads-$3.50)
- Kitchen utensils (around $1.00 each)
- First I placed the paper shred into the mixing bowl.
- Next I rolled up the hand towels and put them together in one side of the back of the bowl.
- I placed the handmade card in front of those.
- I created a "fan" of utensils in the back of the bowl, by pushing them into the paper shred.
- I then placed the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand items on the other side of the bowl. (For the picture I put all three, but for the individual baskets, I chose candles specific to my friends tastes, so each basket had a different candle option).
- I think I will add my friends favorite candies or even some tiny shooters to the front to give them a bit more depth, but for right now I am just in love with how this turned out and cannot wait to share it with them.
The American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand was a fantastic surprise to find at Walmart and what is even better is that you can also order the fantastic fragrances online at the Walmart Assortment Page too! I made these baskets for between $14.00 and $30.00 and am so excited to share these with my friends.
So tell me which fragrance would you love to try?