This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Tomorrow is the best day ever! The release of Illumination Entertainment's Minions movie! The excitement that our household has right now is fiery. We are geared up and ready with some release day preparations for our family movie night this week!
A couple weeks ago I walked into Target with the intent of purchasing a movie for our weekly family movie night. My son suggested Minions because they hold a special place in our heart. Despicable Me 2 was the first movie we went to as a family and between the silly jokes and great storyline our family has been hooked. I headed into the electronics section only to realize that Minions was not out on DVD/Blu-ray. Luckily a super wonderful Target employee told me that we could pre-order Minions on Target.com and receive a free $5.00 gift card with the purchase of the deluxe MetalPak Blu-ray Edition! I snagged the couple items that I needed that night and ran home to pre-order the Minions movie for a future movie night. Clearly pre-ordering the movie from Target.com is the way to go. Then I got to planning for our release day family movie night!
First item on the list: Food
My kids love pizza; it is a quick and easy meal and Target's store brands are always in my price range, and 90% of the time have coupons and cartwheel discounts tied to them. Target really is a great one-stop-shop and makes my life easier. I decided to try these recipes out before I make them for the family. After making it and seeing how adorable it turned out, I am SURE that it is the perfect food for our Minions movie night and am excited to see my kids faces when they see it.
Ingredients (Makes 1 medium pizza; 8 slices)
- 1 Archer Farms Ready Made Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup of Pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 can of chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Lay pizza crust on the pan and spread the pizza sauce evenly over it.
- Add the mild cheddar cheese and spread it around evenly atop the sauce.
- Use the olives to create the goggles, mouth and hair. I cut mine in 1/2 in many instances to get better shapes.
- Fill the goggles with mozzarella cheese and top with 1 olive slice.
- Bake until cheese melts (around 10 minutes)
The pizza turned out great after I baked it and tasted yummy too. The husband and I devoured it while the kids were at Grandma's house. In addition to the pizza, I decided to try my hand at a creative fruit tray. I have seen a bunch of fun ones on Pinterest and thought that this would be a pretty easy theme to try one out on.
Ingredients (serves at least 6, but probably more):
- 1 large pineapple cut into chunks
- 1 large package of blueberries
- 1 package of blackberries
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- On a circular serving platter place two glass dipping containers for the goggles
- Take your chunky pineapple and spread it around the goggles on top 1/2 the serving platter.
- Next, spread your blueberries on the bottom 1/2 of the serving platter
- Finally use the blackberries to finish off the goggle details and pants on the minion.
- For the cream cheese dip, mix the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese together and place 1/2 the mixture in each dipping container. Add a blueberry to the center of each to create the eyes. You can also use yogurt which I will do when I make this for the kids, because they love it.
Tell me that those did not just turn out super cute. I mean I feel like I am going to win the mom of the year award when my kids see these this week.
I also want to do a small craft with the kids while we are waiting for dinner to cook. I found some plastic fillable ornaments at the craft store this weekend as well as some paper shred at my local dollar store. I came up with these kid friendly minion ornaments that are easy to make and only take around 5 minutes (budget friendly too).
What you will need:
- A clear plastic fillable ornament
- Paper shred in yellow and blue
- Black and white card stock
- A penny and pencil
- Black Permanent Marker
- Remove the metal top of the ornament and begin filling it with blue paper shred. Fill each ornament up about 1/3 of the way full.
- Add the yellow paper shred the rest of the way in. I found that the more you pack in there the better.
- Now, trace the penny on the white card stock as you see above and cut the circles out
- Glue the circles onto the black card stock and cut to shape the goggles. Use the scissors to cut around and define the eyes.
- Glue the goggles onto the ornament. Draw a mouth on and add a hook and hang up on your tree!
December 8th, 2015 marks the release date for our new family favorite movie, Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. We literally cannot wait. The DVD includes 40 minutes of Target exclusive content and the Minions Metalpack Blu-ray/DVD deluxe is a Target exclusive. I am so excited that I will have my hands on our copy tomorrow along with that $5.00 free gift card which I am using towards the purchase of my food items listed above. I really love the order online-pick up in store option.
I hope that you all are just as excited as we are to get your hands on a copy. Please take advantage of the free $5.00 Target gift card and pre-order today. If you would like more information on the Minions movie, check them out on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
Is your family as excited as we are for the release of Minions?
For more Minions fun, please join the Minions viewing party on December 11th from 7-9pm EST. You can RSVP to www.SoFabChats.com and follow along with the #MinionsMovieNight on Twitter.