Our family loves eating breakfast for dinner, however, it is dinner so we might as well add a bit of flavor to it! I knew going into this adventure that this potentially could be full of calories and not the healthiest so I made sure to purchase ingredients that were on the healthier end of some comfort food cooking.
- 1/2 cup of 7UP
- 1/2 cup of Chobani® Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 a stick of salted butter
- 2 cups of Biscuit mix (Bisquick works fine)
- Sausage and/or bacon
- Gravy Mix
- Low Fat Milk
Now I cannot promise that these ingredients are super healthy, but I know that I made a healthier decision for our family by using low fat milk AND Chobani® yogurt instead of sour cream.
To make the biscuits:
- Melt the butter in the bottom of your baking dish (mine is 8x10)
- Mix the 7UP, Biscuit mix and yogurt in a separate larger bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread the dough mixture over the butter until its thickness is even
- Back at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes
Hype it up!
You could just eat the biscuits, or you can hype them up!
- While the biscuits are baking, fry up some sausage, bacon (sliced into pieces) and baby portobello mushrooms.
- In another pan prepare your gravy mix as directed on the label.
- Make eggs if you would like some.
- Prepare your amazing HYPED up Biscuits and gravy
- Place the biscuits on a plate
- Pour your gravy over them
- Sprinkle your meat mixture on top of that
- Add cheese if you want
Eat! You will love me for this one.
So many people wonder why I decided to use yogurt instead. Well honestly my amazing neighbor recommended it and I tried it. However, yogurt is a healthy, probiotic option and one that I really need to be more aware of. While browsing the yogurt isle and the kids isles I came across the Chobani Tots and Kids products and snagged a couple boxes.
My kids tried these last night and ate an entire box. Yup of Mango and Spinach! Two produce items that they would never consider mixed in with delicious yogurt and they gulped them down. It was so quick I could not even get a photo. With 0 preservatives and 0 artificial colors and flavors, I will definitely be purchasing these again!
Yogurt is great as a snack or to mix in with various recipes. I know that I will be using it as a substitute from now on. It was the best decision I have made in a long time and I know that it was healthier for us too.
Check out Chobani and definitely check out their New Chobani Tots & Kids Pouches!