10 years ago I would have gagged had you mentioned brussel sprouts. They were so gross to me and I felt like the stigma behind them was that they tasted terrible and no one liked them. Fast forward to life currently and eating deep green veggies and staying on my low carb high fat diabetes diet, and these are now a staple. I thought I would share with you an easy way to prepare these.
- 12 oz of Brussel Sprouts
- 2 TBS chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan chunks
- 1/4 stick of real butter
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Wash the Brussel sprouts and then cut them into fourths. Place these into an oven safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the bacon pieces and parmesan cheese
- Chop the butter into thin pieces and put on top of the sprouts
- Garlic salt and pepper lightly.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes
Our kids are starting to enjoy Brussel sprouts too so that is a bonus! I love easy meals and I love that this is nutritious for me. I know it seems like a lot of butter and you could use olive oil if you prefer that, however for my diabetes the butter is a good fat to add.