This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.
It is no secret around here that our life is surrounded with Disney. We are absolute Disney fanatics over here and there is no shame. We eat, sleep and breathe Disney, so when I heard about the new album "Jazz loves Disney", I knew I had to be a part of it!
I remember being in 1st grade at a new school when The Little Mermaid came out in theaters. I remember standing in the lunch line with all the other 1st grade girls and singing in chorus, "Part of Your World". I remember dressing up as Ariel (in the wedding dress) for Halloween and loving how magical that felt. I remember watching my mom work tirelessly for hours making the most amazing Disney princess costumes you could imagine. This was before princess dresses were everywhere. I breathed Disney and watched those classic movies over and over. I know every song to those classics.
On afternoon skating sessions at our rink, we would play the popular Disney songs from the movies. I was the DJ and I just loved singing along to those songs with the kids and adults. There was just something special about how upbeat and wonderful the lyrics and rhythms are.
Those memories are my childhood and what I like passing on to my children. Even now while I am cooking or teaching or driving, we are constantly listening to Disney songs. We each have our favorites; My son loves "Life is a Highway" from cars, my daughter is still very into "Let it Go", from Frozen and me, "Part of Your World", from The Little Mermaid is still my ultimate favorite. It is the song I sing to my kids to put them to bed.
Jazz loves Disney is a compilation of beautiful classic Disney songs set to a Jazz beat performed by some amazing musicians. The Song list and musician list is below and you can already see how wonderful the album is.
1. Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)After listening to this album, I would have to say that my two favorite songs are "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" and "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo". Both have a great beat, but are very harmonious and relaxing to listen too. I really like Jaime Cullum's voice in "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat." It is so calming and just really well composed. My favorite part of "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" is that it is in French and just sounds so pretty.
If you want to download this album you can grab it off of iTunes or Amazon right now! I would not pass this up.